Here are previous release notes for xPoint. Find latest xPoint release notes here
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.6
- New ribbon icons – To improve the look and feel a new a color theme for each tool of the ribbon has been added. The Desktop part has a touch of orange, On Demand blue and SlideFinder has a green touch.
- Shortcuts to options – It is now easier to access important options like template settings, what local folders to index, setting the default zoom level etc.
- Various bug fixes – a small number of bug fixes for stability, language handling and more have been included in this release.
xPoint On Demand/Professional
- Linked slides support – Slides linked together in the online slide library will be linked in xPoint too. This means adding a slide, part of a link set, found by searching will all the complete slide-set to PowerPoint. Requires Slide Executive Professional/On Demand 3.5.
- Corporate templates handling – management can now force approved templates to apply to any slide transferred from the online library. This will ensure that new corporate templates start to get used within a company. Requires Slide Executive Professional/On Demand 3.5.
- Corporate template shortcut – A forced corporate template will be accessible by shortcut from the browse library pane. Starting a new presentation with the corporate template is a one-click action.
- SlideLab Template handling – Choosing what template, or template approach, for exports to use is now easy to do and to see through a dropdown menu in the SlideLab.
- Indexed folders – a shortcut to select/deselect indexed folders is now shown in the browse library pane.
- Index new folder dialog – when adding a new presentation folder to index the user will get the option to start the indexing agent.
- SlideFinder upload – members can now upload presentations to their account in SlideFinder from xPoint.
Web image search
- Improved handling of deleted source images – A better error message for when trying to download an image is now presented to the user.
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.5
- IntelliSlide (Beta) – This is Google suggestion for slides. While working with a slide, suggestions for similar slides on the computer, company slide library and on the internet are presented automatically to the user. This is a beta version that will be improved in the next release.
- Support Center – A support center including a live help chat function has been added. A user will have all his cases saved here automatically including the responses from our support.
xPoint On Demand and xPoint Desktop
- Thumbnail tooltip – When standing over a slide a mouse-over box with the slide text and title will show. This increases usability by offering readability of the text on the slides.
- Grouped slides – slides that are text wise equal are now grouped together in search results. Each grouped result can be expanded to see all the “copies”.
- Preview folder content as an “image gallery” – all slides, images and videos in one folder can now be previewed at the same time in one side pane or in a tab in SlideLab.
SlideFinder slide search
- Improved SlideFinder search integration – The search results from SlideFinder now show in a side pane.
Web image search
- Improved drag’n’drop - The drag’n’drop function has been improved so that the image preview follows all the way into the slide when adding an image from the web image search.
Various small bug fixes have been performed.
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.4
- Immediate hover preview of Presentations and images in the browse tree. Number of slides shown in presentation hover information.
- Open master/preview master shortcut added to search results and virtual presentations
- Consolidated options button
- Number of selected slides shown when selecting slides
- Feedback button added
- Image tag shown in search result to differentiate images from slides
- Various bug fixes
xPoint On Demand section
- Better local backend administration of Slide Executive On Demand settings
- Reorder of slides in online library Virtual Presentation possible (if you have the correct permissions of course)
xPoint Desktop section
- Open of folder to workspace area to show multiple presentations for better overview.
- Drag and drop of presentations to workspace area.
- Web image search and insert, including drag'n'drop of images to the slide. Completely new and free function!