Sometimes after an export, bold text turns normal, centered text is aligned to the left, a text box moves around etc. This can happen for a number of reasons like:
- The slides are imported as PPT and you are exporting to PPTX or the other way round.
- You are applying one template to all your slides even though they come from different presentations with different templates.
- Your slides are built without using the designated template settings. For example the title field is not used at all and a text box is created to replace it because "someone" thought it looked better. Applying the intended template to this slide will probably cause your slide to behave in an unexpected manner.
- Your export slide type is different from the original slide type (Letter, A4, 16:9 ratio etc). A slide built in 16:9 ratio will obviously not look the same when squeezed into Letter format.
So, some thumb rules that can save you some headache are:
- Export to the same format as the original one. Export PPT slide to PPT and PPTX slides to PPTX.
- Under the Template setting, use "Keep slide design". This will export all templates so that each slide can keep their exact settings.
- Use the template as it was intended to. In the title field fill in the title, in an intended text box, fill in your text etc.
- Don't change the slide type. Choosing "Custom" under Slide type will conserve the original format.
In some cases this will not be possible, your original slides come in different formats, sizes and templates, your goal is to apply the new company template to all slides and so on. Well, then it doesn't matter how you do it, manually through PowerPoint or automatically through Slide Executive, you will have to make a manual inspection to assure that your new presentation looks good.