Installing the add-in will allow you to browse your central slide library and search and add slides from within PowerPoint. Free web image and slide search is also included. Most of the time you won't need to go through the web-interface.
To start using the Slide Executive Add-in follow these steps:
- You need to have PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 (32-bit versions) for Microsoft® Windows® installed on your computer. 64-bit PowerPoint versions, earlier versions of PowerPoint, and PowerPoint for Mac, are not supported.
- You will need to have a machine with Microsoft® Windows 7®, Vista® or Windows XP® with Service Pack 2 or greater.
- Make sure PowerPoint is not running.
- Open this link from Internet Explorer and follow the installation instructions:
http://tools.slideexecutive.com/xpoint/setup.exe NOTE: In this step the install wizard may ask you to upgrade your windows components to .NET Framework 4. This is a prerequisite that is needed for the add-in to work.
- After the installation is done you may need to restart PowerPoint to make the Slide Executive-tab appear in PowerPoint 2007/2010.
- Once installed look for the "Slide Executive xPoint" tab and click on it.
- The first run of the add in:
- If this is the first time you run the Slide Executive add-in you will see a "Get me started"-button in the "Professional / On Demand" section. Click "Get me started" to start the wizard and follow the instructions. You will be asked to 1. add your Slide Executive URL and 2. your credentials. This will allow you to browse and search your Slide Executive slide library. You may also watch this video:
- If you upgraded from a previous version of the add-in you should be set to go right away. Be sure to use the middle "Professional / On Demand" section for browsing and searching your central library. The "Desktop" section to the left is a separate product to search your own computer for slides and other media.
See a general overview of the Slide Executive xPoint ribbon here:
Find more movies about Slide Executive xPoint on our YouTube-channel: