New features in Slide Executive xPoint v4.01
On Demand/Professional section
- NEW! Upload to online library from xPoint/PowerPoint – You can now upload presentations from xPoint/PowerPoint to Slide Executive Professional/On Demand. Sharing your current presentation with the rest of the company is now a one click action from within PowerPoint. After upload your presentation is directly made part of the general slide library allowing others in the company (having read permission for your uploaded content) to reuse your slides by browsing for them or finding them when searching.
- NEW! Edit online library presentation from xPoint/PowerPoint – This may be the final step in the transition to work completely from PowerPoint offering an ultimate user experience in speed and usability. xPoint will automatically activate the online library edit function when Slide Executive Professional 3.5 is released.
- Performance upgrades – Optimizations have been made to increase the speed of xPoint.
- Minor bug fixes and ajustments– The general experience is now even better.
Follow this link:
xPoint video guides:
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.8
- NEW! Super Search – Super Search searches all your available sources of slides and images in one search. This means you’ll find the best slide/image available from your computer, your company or the internet. It is also possible to set filters to choose to search only some of the sources.
- Tooltip content copy and select support – It is now possible to copy the slide text shown in the tooltip over each slide in any search result.
- Cleaner ribbon – The search buttons/forms for local, company and internet search are now concluded in one section, the Super Search.
- More french translations added
- NEW! Corporate template button – On Demand users can now, by one-click, apply the company default template set by content managers/administrators. If the company default setting is de-selected the button will be inactive.
- IntelliSlide preview of master presentation - IntelliSlide now supports preview of master presentations from local and company presentations.
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.7
- Color themes added to ribbon and controls – To improve the look and feel the color themes now show in the slide and the file tree views too.
- More information in thumbnail tooltip – The tooltip now shows the source and source path of the slides in search results and for IntelliSlide.
- Various bug fixes – a small number of bug fixes for stability, language handling and more have been included in this release.
- Adding of slides to current presentation – Slides can now be added directly from the proposed slides pane.
- Tooltip shows source – the source of each slide now shows in the tooltip (desktop, web or slidefinder).
- Source marker in slide pane – to easily see the source of, each slide even before the tooltip, an icon is shown in the corner of each slide.
Earlier xPoint releases…
Installing the add-in will allow you to search, browse your local presentations for slides from within PowerPoint. It will also provide image search and add, both from your computer and from the internet.
To start using the Slide Executive Desktop Add-in follow these steps:
- You need to have PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 (32-bit versions) for Microsoft® Windows® installed on your computer. 64-bit PowerPoint versions, earlier versions of PowerPoint, and PowerPoint for Mac, are not supported.
- You will need to have a machine with Microsoft® Windows 7®, Vista® or Windows XP® with Service Pack 2 or greater.
- Make sure PowerPoint is not running.
- Open this link from Internet Explorer and follow the installation instructions:
http://tools.slideexecutive.com/xpoint/setup.exe NOTE: In this step the install wizard may ask you to upgrade your windows components to .NET Framework 4. This is a prerequisite that is needed for the add-in to work.
- After the installation is done you may need to restart PowerPoint to make the Slide Executive-tab appear in PowerPoint 2007/2010.
- Once installed look for the "Slide Executive" tab and click on it.
- The first run of the add in:
- If this is the first time you run the Slide Executive add-in you will see a "Get me started"-button in the "Desktop" section. Click "Get me started" to start the wizard and follow the instructions. This will allow you to browse and search your Slide Executive slide library.
- If you upgraded from a previous version of the add-in you should be set to go right away. Be sure to use the left "Desktop" section of the ribbon for browsing and searching your local library. The "Professional /On Demand" section in the middle is a separate product to search a central online library for slides and other media. If your company has an On Demand account, with an online slide library, the middle section could be used too.
- Getting started video:
Afterwords be sure to enter the Options->Desktop(tab)->General view and choose the Image tab to ensure that all the image types will be included in your local xPoint search.
See a general overview of the Slide Executive xPoint ribbon here:
Find more movies about Slide Executive xPoint on our YouTube-channel:
Novatrox is proud to present the first beta release of IntelliSlide(TM). IntelliSlide is released as part of Slide Executive xPoint v3.5.
The purpose of IntelliSlide is to provide the user with suggested slides, similar to what the user is currently creating. As the user starts typing words on his new slide, the IntelliSlide engine will automatically present similar slides to the user based on the available slide libraries.
The IntelliSlide(TM) engine will show slides not only from the local and the company slide library, if available, but also slides from the internet. If someone has made a good, usable slide before, there won’t be a way of missing it; potentially saving users time by avoiding the re-making of slides.
In this first version slides are presented visually to the user.
How to get IntelliSlide?
Download Slide Executive xPoint from the download page or use the direkt link.
We're happy to announce the launch of the Slide Executive Youtube channel! At
Visit our channel to watch HOWTO videos about Slide Executive xPoint. For example this introduction video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAl6bAnPaY
Will this help me get the most out of Slide Executive xPoint if I am a single user? Absolutely
I'm at a company, can my end users use these videos as tutorials? That is the whole point, to save you time and maximize the usage impact
Will this help me find slides on my computer? Most definitely
And, more to come in the future! We will be adding new videos regularly – so make sure you subscribe to the channel so you never miss a new video.
Here are previous release notes for xPoint. Find latest xPoint release notes here
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.6
- New ribbon icons – To improve the look and feel a new a color theme for each tool of the ribbon has been added. The Desktop part has a touch of orange, On Demand blue and SlideFinder has a green touch.
- Shortcuts to options – It is now easier to access important options like template settings, what local folders to index, setting the default zoom level etc.
- Various bug fixes – a small number of bug fixes for stability, language handling and more have been included in this release.
xPoint On Demand/Professional
- Linked slides support – Slides linked together in the online slide library will be linked in xPoint too. This means adding a slide, part of a link set, found by searching will all the complete slide-set to PowerPoint. Requires Slide Executive Professional/On Demand 3.5.
- Corporate templates handling – management can now force approved templates to apply to any slide transferred from the online library. This will ensure that new corporate templates start to get used within a company. Requires Slide Executive Professional/On Demand 3.5.
- Corporate template shortcut – A forced corporate template will be accessible by shortcut from the browse library pane. Starting a new presentation with the corporate template is a one-click action.
- SlideLab Template handling – Choosing what template, or template approach, for exports to use is now easy to do and to see through a dropdown menu in the SlideLab.
- Indexed folders – a shortcut to select/deselect indexed folders is now shown in the browse library pane.
- Index new folder dialog – when adding a new presentation folder to index the user will get the option to start the indexing agent.
- SlideFinder upload – members can now upload presentations to their account in SlideFinder from xPoint.
Web image search
- Improved handling of deleted source images – A better error message for when trying to download an image is now presented to the user.
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.5
- IntelliSlide (Beta) – This is Google suggestion for slides. While working with a slide, suggestions for similar slides on the computer, company slide library and on the internet are presented automatically to the user. This is a beta version that will be improved in the next release.
- Support Center – A support center including a live help chat function has been added. A user will have all his cases saved here automatically including the responses from our support.
xPoint On Demand and xPoint Desktop
- Thumbnail tooltip – When standing over a slide a mouse-over box with the slide text and title will show. This increases usability by offering readability of the text on the slides.
- Grouped slides – slides that are text wise equal are now grouped together in search results. Each grouped result can be expanded to see all the “copies”.
- Preview folder content as an “image gallery” – all slides, images and videos in one folder can now be previewed at the same time in one side pane or in a tab in SlideLab.
SlideFinder slide search
- Improved SlideFinder search integration – The search results from SlideFinder now show in a side pane.
Web image search
- Improved drag’n’drop - The drag’n’drop function has been improved so that the image preview follows all the way into the slide when adding an image from the web image search.
Various small bug fixes have been performed.
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.4
- Immediate hover preview of Presentations and images in the browse tree. Number of slides shown in presentation hover information.
- Open master/preview master shortcut added to search results and virtual presentations
- Consolidated options button
- Number of selected slides shown when selecting slides
- Feedback button added
- Image tag shown in search result to differentiate images from slides
- Various bug fixes
xPoint On Demand section
- Better local backend administration of Slide Executive On Demand settings
- Reorder of slides in online library Virtual Presentation possible (if you have the correct permissions of course)
xPoint Desktop section
- Open of folder to workspace area to show multiple presentations for better overview.
- Drag and drop of presentations to workspace area.
- Web image search and insert, including drag'n'drop of images to the slide. Completely new and free function!
STOCKHOLM, Sweden – February 17, 2011 – Software producer Novatrox AB releases a new PowerPoint add-in ribbon, Slide Executive xPoint, that searches and inserts slides and images from your computer, company cloud and the web into your PowerPoint presentation.
Slide Executive xPoint will save lots of time for any organization or individual with many PowerPoint presentations. It installs as a ribbon in PowerPoint and provides access to a local and/or a central slide library in the cloud. For single users xPoint provides desktop slide search and slide managing tools. Company users can easily search and browse their company slides/presentations increasing the use of pre-approved slides to bring consistency to the company presentations. Furthermore, xPoint includes free search and insert of slides and images from the Internet.
Slide Executive xPoint is a junction of tools, a cross point. It combines desktop slide/media search and management for the single user, with the power of the Slide Executive On Demand slide and media library solution for companies. In addition to the mentioned features, xPoint enables web image search and web slide search through SlideFinder. xPoint thus gives the user complete control and the ability to search existing content from a range of different sources when building new presentation, hence avoiding re-inventing the wheel.
Christer Ogenstad, the Chairman of Novatrox AB, shares his vision of this latest innovation: "Slide Executive xPoint brings information management to PowerPoint. From now on no one should have to waste time redoing any work. Whether you know you have a good slide on your computer, want to find one somewhere in your company cloud or even on the Internet, you'll find it in the blink of an eye. Before you know it, you'll have added it to the presentation you are building."
Slide Executive xPoint is very light and can be quickly downloaded and installed by following the instructions here:
Watch a video clip here: Slide Executive xPoint video
Find more information about Slide Executive xPoint on www.slideexecutive.com/xpoint
About Slide Executive On Demand and Professional
Slide Executive enables organizations to store their presentation content in a single slide library, making it available to business professionals and decision-makers throughout the enterprise through any web browser/PowerPoint Slide Executive xPoint add-in, anywhere in the world. Slide Executive provides advanced slide search functionality, easy assembly of new presentations with approved content, virtual presentations automatically updating to the latest version of each slide and advanced user management functions including full audit trail.
About Novatrox AB
Novatrox AB offers software solutions both as a software producer and as consulting services. The company is specialized in advanced web system development based on .NET. Novatrox was founded in 2000. Find more information at the Novatrox AB website www.novatrox.com
Novatrox AB Media Relations
Phone: +46 8 5016 4079
Cell: +46 70 413 70 06
MicrosoftÒ and PowerPointÒ are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Sometimes after an export, bold text turns normal, centered text is aligned to the left, a text box moves around etc. This can happen for a number of reasons like:
- The slides are imported as PPT and you are exporting to PPTX or the other way round.
- You are applying one template to all your slides even though they come from different presentations with different templates.
- Your slides are built without using the designated template settings. For example the title field is not used at all and a text box is created to replace it because "someone" thought it looked better. Applying the intended template to this slide will probably cause your slide to behave in an unexpected manner.
- Your export slide type is different from the original slide type (Letter, A4, 16:9 ratio etc). A slide built in 16:9 ratio will obviously not look the same when squeezed into Letter format.
So, some thumb rules that can save you some headache are:
- Export to the same format as the original one. Export PPT slide to PPT and PPTX slides to PPTX.
- Under the Template setting, use "Keep slide design". This will export all templates so that each slide can keep their exact settings.
- Use the template as it was intended to. In the title field fill in the title, in an intended text box, fill in your text etc.
- Don't change the slide type. Choosing "Custom" under Slide type will conserve the original format.
In some cases this will not be possible, your original slides come in different formats, sizes and templates, your goal is to apply the new company template to all slides and so on. Well, then it doesn't matter how you do it, manually through PowerPoint or automatically through Slide Executive, you will have to make a manual inspection to assure that your new presentation looks good.