Installing the add-in will allow you to search, browse your local presentations for slides from within PowerPoint. It will also provide image search and add, both from your computer and from the internet.
To start using the Slide Executive Desktop Add-in follow these steps:
- You need to have PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 (32-bit versions) for Microsoft® Windows® installed on your computer. 64-bit PowerPoint versions, earlier versions of PowerPoint, and PowerPoint for Mac, are not supported.
- You will need to have a machine with Microsoft® Windows 7®, Vista® or Windows XP® with Service Pack 2 or greater.
- Make sure PowerPoint is not running.
- Open this link from Internet Explorer and follow the installation instructions:
http://tools.slideexecutive.com/xpoint/setup.exe NOTE: In this step the install wizard may ask you to upgrade your windows components to .NET Framework 4. This is a prerequisite that is needed for the add-in to work.
- After the installation is done you may need to restart PowerPoint to make the Slide Executive-tab appear in PowerPoint 2007/2010.
- Once installed look for the "Slide Executive" tab and click on it.
- The first run of the add in:
- If this is the first time you run the Slide Executive add-in you will see a "Get me started"-button in the "Desktop" section. Click "Get me started" to start the wizard and follow the instructions. This will allow you to browse and search your Slide Executive slide library.
- If you upgraded from a previous version of the add-in you should be set to go right away. Be sure to use the left "Desktop" section of the ribbon for browsing and searching your local library. The "Professional /On Demand" section in the middle is a separate product to search a central online library for slides and other media. If your company has an On Demand account, with an online slide library, the middle section could be used too.
- Getting started video:
Afterwords be sure to enter the Options->Desktop(tab)->General view and choose the Image tab to ensure that all the image types will be included in your local xPoint search.
See a general overview of the Slide Executive xPoint ribbon here:
Find more movies about Slide Executive xPoint on our YouTube-channel:
STOCKHOLM, Sweden – February 17, 2011 – Software producer Novatrox AB releases a new PowerPoint add-in ribbon, Slide Executive xPoint, that searches and inserts slides and images from your computer, company cloud and the web into your PowerPoint presentation.
Slide Executive xPoint will save lots of time for any organization or individual with many PowerPoint presentations. It installs as a ribbon in PowerPoint and provides access to a local and/or a central slide library in the cloud. For single users xPoint provides desktop slide search and slide managing tools. Company users can easily search and browse their company slides/presentations increasing the use of pre-approved slides to bring consistency to the company presentations. Furthermore, xPoint includes free search and insert of slides and images from the Internet.
Slide Executive xPoint is a junction of tools, a cross point. It combines desktop slide/media search and management for the single user, with the power of the Slide Executive On Demand slide and media library solution for companies. In addition to the mentioned features, xPoint enables web image search and web slide search through SlideFinder. xPoint thus gives the user complete control and the ability to search existing content from a range of different sources when building new presentation, hence avoiding re-inventing the wheel.
Christer Ogenstad, the Chairman of Novatrox AB, shares his vision of this latest innovation: "Slide Executive xPoint brings information management to PowerPoint. From now on no one should have to waste time redoing any work. Whether you know you have a good slide on your computer, want to find one somewhere in your company cloud or even on the Internet, you'll find it in the blink of an eye. Before you know it, you'll have added it to the presentation you are building."
Slide Executive xPoint is very light and can be quickly downloaded and installed by following the instructions here:
Watch a video clip here: Slide Executive xPoint video
Find more information about Slide Executive xPoint on www.slideexecutive.com/xpoint
About Slide Executive On Demand and Professional
Slide Executive enables organizations to store their presentation content in a single slide library, making it available to business professionals and decision-makers throughout the enterprise through any web browser/PowerPoint Slide Executive xPoint add-in, anywhere in the world. Slide Executive provides advanced slide search functionality, easy assembly of new presentations with approved content, virtual presentations automatically updating to the latest version of each slide and advanced user management functions including full audit trail.
About Novatrox AB
Novatrox AB offers software solutions both as a software producer and as consulting services. The company is specialized in advanced web system development based on .NET. Novatrox was founded in 2000. Find more information at the Novatrox AB website www.novatrox.com
Novatrox AB Media Relations
Phone: +46 8 5016 4079
Cell: +46 70 413 70 06
MicrosoftÒ and PowerPointÒ are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.