New features in Slide Executive xPoint v4.01
On Demand/Professional section
- NEW! Upload to online library from xPoint/PowerPoint – You can now upload presentations from xPoint/PowerPoint to Slide Executive Professional/On Demand. Sharing your current presentation with the rest of the company is now a one click action from within PowerPoint. After upload your presentation is directly made part of the general slide library allowing others in the company (having read permission for your uploaded content) to reuse your slides by browsing for them or finding them when searching.
- NEW! Edit online library presentation from xPoint/PowerPoint – This may be the final step in the transition to work completely from PowerPoint offering an ultimate user experience in speed and usability. xPoint will automatically activate the online library edit function when Slide Executive Professional 3.5 is released.
- Performance upgrades – Optimizations have been made to increase the speed of xPoint.
- Minor bug fixes and ajustments– The general experience is now even better.
Follow this link:
xPoint video guides:
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.8
- NEW! Super Search – Super Search searches all your available sources of slides and images in one search. This means you’ll find the best slide/image available from your computer, your company or the internet. It is also possible to set filters to choose to search only some of the sources.
- Tooltip content copy and select support – It is now possible to copy the slide text shown in the tooltip over each slide in any search result.
- Cleaner ribbon – The search buttons/forms for local, company and internet search are now concluded in one section, the Super Search.
- More french translations added
- NEW! Corporate template button – On Demand users can now, by one-click, apply the company default template set by content managers/administrators. If the company default setting is de-selected the button will be inactive.
- IntelliSlide preview of master presentation - IntelliSlide now supports preview of master presentations from local and company presentations.
New features in Slide Executive xPoint v3.7
- Color themes added to ribbon and controls – To improve the look and feel the color themes now show in the slide and the file tree views too.
- More information in thumbnail tooltip – The tooltip now shows the source and source path of the slides in search results and for IntelliSlide.
- Various bug fixes – a small number of bug fixes for stability, language handling and more have been included in this release.
- Adding of slides to current presentation – Slides can now be added directly from the proposed slides pane.
- Tooltip shows source – the source of each slide now shows in the tooltip (desktop, web or slidefinder).
- Source marker in slide pane – to easily see the source of, each slide even before the tooltip, an icon is shown in the corner of each slide.
Earlier xPoint releases…
We're happy to announce the launch of the Slide Executive Youtube channel! At
Visit our channel to watch HOWTO videos about Slide Executive xPoint. For example this introduction video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAl6bAnPaY
Will this help me get the most out of Slide Executive xPoint if I am a single user? Absolutely
I'm at a company, can my end users use these videos as tutorials? That is the whole point, to save you time and maximize the usage impact
Will this help me find slides on my computer? Most definitely
And, more to come in the future! We will be adding new videos regularly – so make sure you subscribe to the channel so you never miss a new video.
Installing the add-in will allow you to browse your central slide library and search and add slides from within PowerPoint. Free web image and slide search is also included. Most of the time you won't need to go through the web-interface.
To start using the Slide Executive Add-in follow these steps:
- You need to have PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 (32-bit versions) for Microsoft® Windows® installed on your computer. 64-bit PowerPoint versions, earlier versions of PowerPoint, and PowerPoint for Mac, are not supported.
- You will need to have a machine with Microsoft® Windows 7®, Vista® or Windows XP® with Service Pack 2 or greater.
- Make sure PowerPoint is not running.
- Open this link from Internet Explorer and follow the installation instructions:
http://tools.slideexecutive.com/xpoint/setup.exe NOTE: In this step the install wizard may ask you to upgrade your windows components to .NET Framework 4. This is a prerequisite that is needed for the add-in to work.
- After the installation is done you may need to restart PowerPoint to make the Slide Executive-tab appear in PowerPoint 2007/2010.
- Once installed look for the "Slide Executive xPoint" tab and click on it.
- The first run of the add in:
- If this is the first time you run the Slide Executive add-in you will see a "Get me started"-button in the "Professional / On Demand" section. Click "Get me started" to start the wizard and follow the instructions. You will be asked to 1. add your Slide Executive URL and 2. your credentials. This will allow you to browse and search your Slide Executive slide library. You may also watch this video:
- If you upgraded from a previous version of the add-in you should be set to go right away. Be sure to use the middle "Professional / On Demand" section for browsing and searching your central library. The "Desktop" section to the left is a separate product to search your own computer for slides and other media.
See a general overview of the Slide Executive xPoint ribbon here:
Find more movies about Slide Executive xPoint on our YouTube-channel:
STOCKHOLM, Sweden – February 17, 2011 – Software producer Novatrox AB releases a new PowerPoint add-in ribbon, Slide Executive xPoint, that searches and inserts slides and images from your computer, company cloud and the web into your PowerPoint presentation.
Slide Executive xPoint will save lots of time for any organization or individual with many PowerPoint presentations. It installs as a ribbon in PowerPoint and provides access to a local and/or a central slide library in the cloud. For single users xPoint provides desktop slide search and slide managing tools. Company users can easily search and browse their company slides/presentations increasing the use of pre-approved slides to bring consistency to the company presentations. Furthermore, xPoint includes free search and insert of slides and images from the Internet.
Slide Executive xPoint is a junction of tools, a cross point. It combines desktop slide/media search and management for the single user, with the power of the Slide Executive On Demand slide and media library solution for companies. In addition to the mentioned features, xPoint enables web image search and web slide search through SlideFinder. xPoint thus gives the user complete control and the ability to search existing content from a range of different sources when building new presentation, hence avoiding re-inventing the wheel.
Christer Ogenstad, the Chairman of Novatrox AB, shares his vision of this latest innovation: "Slide Executive xPoint brings information management to PowerPoint. From now on no one should have to waste time redoing any work. Whether you know you have a good slide on your computer, want to find one somewhere in your company cloud or even on the Internet, you'll find it in the blink of an eye. Before you know it, you'll have added it to the presentation you are building."
Slide Executive xPoint is very light and can be quickly downloaded and installed by following the instructions here:
Watch a video clip here: Slide Executive xPoint video
Find more information about Slide Executive xPoint on www.slideexecutive.com/xpoint
About Slide Executive On Demand and Professional
Slide Executive enables organizations to store their presentation content in a single slide library, making it available to business professionals and decision-makers throughout the enterprise through any web browser/PowerPoint Slide Executive xPoint add-in, anywhere in the world. Slide Executive provides advanced slide search functionality, easy assembly of new presentations with approved content, virtual presentations automatically updating to the latest version of each slide and advanced user management functions including full audit trail.
About Novatrox AB
Novatrox AB offers software solutions both as a software producer and as consulting services. The company is specialized in advanced web system development based on .NET. Novatrox was founded in 2000. Find more information at the Novatrox AB website www.novatrox.com
Novatrox AB Media Relations
Phone: +46 8 5016 4079
Cell: +46 70 413 70 06
MicrosoftÒ and PowerPointÒ are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
This page is obsolete, use this link instead:
xPoint installation HOWTO